REFEREES: HOW TO GET PAID IN WESTPORT
Any questions, please contact WSA Referee Assignor, Kathleen Galley (
FILL OUT A W9 FORM (only needs to be submitted once)
To get paid for your work, the Westport Soccer Association (WSA) requires that all referees complete an
IRS Form W-9: www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf Email to: : firstname.lastname@example.org
OR snail mail to: Westport Soccer Association, PO Box 2561, Westport, CT 06880, Attn: WSA Treasurer
WSA only reports income over $600; a 1099 form will be sent to each ref who exceeds the threshold of $600.
WSA pays all referees via CHASE online direct deposit Chase QuickPay or Zelle programs. NO PAPER CHECKS.
Payroll is processed every TUESDAY after a wkend worked and a payment email will be sent to each referee.
No two referees can have the same email address. Each referee must have their own email to receive a payment notice. And each email must be associated with the direct deposit account.
To enroll in Chase QuickPay or Zelle, click
To ensure you get paid, please contact WSA Referee Assignor, Kathleen Galley (
) with the email address associated with your direct deposit account.
- No payment will be given to any referee for games cancelled by Parks & Rec due to inclement weather.
- For any other non-weather cancellations:
- No payment will be given to any Yellowshirt referee for TRAVEL or REC PLUS games cancelled with a 24 hr notification prior to game start time.
- No payment will be given to any Blackshirt referee for Rec or RecPlus games cancelled with a notification up to 1 hour before game start time.
- Should a referee end a game at the field due to unsafe conditions, full pay is given.
ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ACCEPTING UNEARNED PAYMENTS
The WSA will not pay a referee who does not show up for an assigned game. Knowingly accepting payment for a game you did not officiate will result in immediate stop-payment of funds and suspension of further assignments. Please notify WSA Referee Assigner, Kathleen Galley (
) of any game absences.
WESPORT REFEREE PAY SCALE:
U9- U15: $40/AR $60/CR
U16-U19: $50/AR $70/CR
Rec Games ($ varies by age group)
$25 - $35 (Blackshirts, WSA non-certified)
$30 - $60 (Yellowhirt, USSF certified)
NEW RATES STARTING SPRING 2019 - FORTHCOMING