Westport Soccer Travel Tryouts for 2018/19 Season
To REGISTER, click HERE
Tryout Fee $60 (non-refundable & non-transferable) must be paid in full at time of registration online.
ALL current travel players and interested players must register & pay for tryouts online.
No paperwork will be accepted at tryouts.
Players must attend BOTH tryouts.
Travel Tryout Schedule by Age Group (birth years):
U8/U9 (2010 & 2011)
Mon, May 7th & Mon, May 14th
Long Lots Lower fields
U8/U9 Girls @ 4:30pm – 5:45pm
U8/U9 Boys @ 6:00pm – 7:15pm
U10 & U11 (2008 & 2009)
Fri, May 11th & Fri, May 18th
Coleytown Middle School Front & Back fields
U10/2009 Girls & Boys @ 4:30pm – 5:45pm
U11/2008 Girls & Boys @6:00pm – 7:45pm
U12-U15 (2004* , 2005, 2006, 2007)
Fri, May 11th & Fri, May 18th
Wakeman B Field
U12/2007 Girls & Boys @ 4:30pm – 5:45pm
U13/2006 Girls & Boys @ 6:00pm – 7:15pm
U14/2005 & U15/2004 Girls & Boys @ 6:00pm – 7:15pm
*note all 2004 birth year players must be entering 8th grade (no highschoolers) in fall2018. We are NOT accepting high school 2004 players.
PLAYER ATTIRE: White Shirt (no club uniforms), soccer shorts, socks, shin guards, cleats. Bring inflated ball & water bottle.
TRYOUT RESULTS will be announced on Friday, June 22, 2018.
DEADLINE TO ACCEPT team offer is Sun, July 1, 2018 (including ALL registration documents), thereafter $75 late fee.
TRYOUT RULES & PROCEDURES:
· All current Travel players interested in playing next year, must register and tryout.
· NO paperwork is required nor accepted at tryouts
· All players should attend BOTH tryout sessions within their age group.
· Make up sessions are ONLY scheduled in the event fields are closed due to weather.
· All players must tryout in the appropriate age group according to the USYS Age Group Matrix, no exceptions.
· Player Attire for Tryouts: White T-shirt, (no club uniforms), soccer shorts, soccer socks, shin guards, cleats.
· Bring an inflated ball and plenty of water.
· Age cutoffs are based on the calendar year (NOT August 1st cutoff)
· We will have a combined U14-U15 age group. This allows some 8th graders, not yet in High School, to participate*.
· * Tryouts are not for 8th graders who will be in high school in Fall 2018. After the HS tryouts are completed, if there is space available, we will have a supplemental tryout for those who are not on a high school team.
WSA TRAVEL TEAM GUIDELINES FOR 2018/19:
TUITION fee info by age group will be forthcoming asap (before tryouts)
U9 (2010/2011) & U10 (2009)
· Target roster size of 12
· Target # of teams (4-5)
· U9 teams (combined U8/U9 players) games are 7v7
· U10 games are 7v7
U11 (2008) & U12 (2007)
· Roster size of 14
· U11 games are 9v9
· U12 games are 9v9
U13 - U18 (2006 - 2001)
· Target roster of 18 players per team
· U13-U18 games are 11v11
HOW TO DETERMINE PLAYER AGE GROUPS 2018-2019
· Year Season Ends minus (–) Birth Year = Age Group
· Upcoming tryouts are for the 2018-2019 Seasonal Year
· Example: 2019 minus(–) 2004 (birth year) = U15 (age group)
WHEN TRYOUT RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Tryout results will be announced on FRIDAY, JUNE 22, 2017 by 8pm. All tryout registrants will be emailed their acceptance or waitlist status at that time. Be sure your email contact info in your WSA personal account is current! This is our main means of communication with each family. To update your account, go to: www.westportsoccer.org > homepage > Edit My Account (bottom left corner)> sign in and edit.
IF NOT OFFERED A ROSTER POSITION, you will receive an email notification from WSA.
IF OFFERED A ROSTER POSITION, you will receive an email from WSA with a link to ACCEPT or DECLINE.
TO SECURE YOUR ROSTER POSITION, you must accept, register, submit all documents below and pay your first $installment by SUN, JULY 1st, 2018. Failure to meet this deadline will result in WSA offering your position to a waitlisted player, and a late fee of $75. It is extremely important to adhere to this deadline so WSA can make appropriate team adjustments in a timely manner. Please be considerate of the tremendous planning and coordination that goes into registering teams. If you are awaiting a Premier position, you still need to fill out and submit registration paperwork below to hold your WSA Travel spot.
ACCEPTANCE PLAYER DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT BY JULY 1, 2018 (thereafter a $75 late fee applies)
(put player’s name and team name in subject)
1. MEDICAL RELEASE FORM 2018/2019
2. PLAYER PHOTO (similar to passport photo)
3. ALL NEW Players to our Travel program submit a copy of birth certificate or passport (to verify age/name).
4. ALL NEW PLAYERS and not born in the U.S. complete a First Registration Int'l Clearance Form CLICK HERE
REGISTRATION QUESTIONS? email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org