Westport Soccer Travel Tryouts for 2018/19 Season
To REGISTER, click HERE
To view confirmed tryout player list, click HERE
Tryout Fee $60 (non-refundable & non-transferable) must be paid in full at time of registration online.
ALL current travel players and interested players must register & pay for tryouts online.
No paperwork will be accepted at tryouts.
Players must attend BOTH tryouts.
Travel Tryout Schedule by Rising Age Groups for 2018/19:
Rising U8/2011 & U9/2010
Mon, May 7th & Mon, May 14th (Make up 5/21 - for weather related cancellations only)
Long Lots Lower fields
U8/U9 Girls @ 4:30pm – 5:45pm
U8/U9 Boys @ 6:00pm – 7:15pm
Rising U10/2009 & U11/2008
Fri, May 11th & Fri, May 18th (make-up Wed, 5/23 - for weather related cancellations only)
** NOTE FIELD LOCATIONS ** boys & girls are on front field for tryout #1/skills
and then split up on tryout #2 /games boys on front & girls on back fields
Fri, May 11th on Coleytown Middle School FRONT (BOTH GIRLS & BOYS)
U10/2009 Girls & Boys @ 4:30pm – 5:45pm
U11/2008 Girls & Boys @ 6:00pm – 7:15pm
Fri, May 18th on Coleytown Middle School FRONT field (ONLY BOYS)
U10/2009 Boys @ 4:30pm - 5:45pm
U11/2008 Boys @ 6:00pm - 7:15pm
Friday May 18th on Coleytown Middle School BACK field (ONLY GIRLS)
U10/2009 Girls @ 4:30pm - 5:45pm
U11/2008 Girls @ 6:00pm - 7:15pm
Rising U12/2007 & U13/2006 & U14/2005 & U15/2004*
Fri, May 11th & Fri, May 18th
Wakeman B Field
U12/2007 Girls & Boys @ 4:30pm – 5:45pm
U13/2006 Girls & Boys @ 6:00pm – 7:15pm
U14/2005 & U15/2004* Girls & Boys @ 6:00pm – 7:15pm
*note all 2004 birth year players must be entering 8th grade (no highschoolers) in fall2018. 2004 high school players can check back with WSA in late August after all high school tryouts are over to see if there is space available on a U15 team.
PLAYER ATTIRE: White Shirt (no club uniforms), soccer shorts, socks, shin guards, cleats.
BRING an inflated ball & water bottle.
TRYOUT RESULTS will be announced on Friday, June 22, 2018.
DEADLINE TO ACCEPT team offer is Sun, July 1, 2018 (including ALL registration documents), thereafter $75 late fee.
TRYOUT RULES & PROCEDURES:
· All current Travel players interested in playing next year, must register and tryout.
· NO paperwork is required nor accepted at tryouts
· All players should attend BOTH tryout sessions within their age group.
· Make up sessions are ONLY scheduled in the event fields are closed due to weather.
· All players must tryout in the appropriate age group according to the USYS Age Group Matrix, no exceptions.
· Player Attire for Tryouts: White T-shirt, (no club uniforms), soccer shorts, soccer socks, shin guards, cleats.
· Bring an inflated ball and plenty of water.
· Age cutoffs are based on the calendar year (NOT August 1st cutoff)
· We will have a combined U14-U15 age group. This allows some 8th graders, not yet in High School, to participate*.
· * Tryouts are not for 8th graders who will be in high school in Fall 2018. After the HS tryouts are completed, if there is space available, we will have a supplemental tryout for those who are not on a high school team.
WSA TRAVEL TEAM GUIDELINES FOR 2018/19:
U9 (2010/2011) & U10 (2009) Full year Tuition: $1,270
· Target roster size of 12
· Target # of teams (4-5)
· U9 teams (combined U8/U9 players) games are 7v7
· U10 games are 7v7
U11 (2008) & U12 (2007) Full year tuition $1,250
· Roster size of 14
· U11 games are 9v9
· U12 games are 9v9
U13 - U18 (2006 - 2001) Full year tuition $1,225
· Target roster of 18 players per team
· U13-U18 games are 11v11
HOW TO DETERMINE PLAYER AGE GROUPS 2018-2019
· Year Season Ends minus (–) Birth Year = Age Group
· Upcoming tryouts are for the 2018-2019 Seasonal Year
· Example: 2019 minus(–) 2004 (birth year) = U15 (age group)
WHEN TRYOUT RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Tryout results will be announced on FRIDAY, JUNE 22, 2017 by 8pm. All tryout registrants will be emailed their acceptance or waitlist status at that time. Be sure your email contact info in your WSA personal account is current! This is our main means of communication with each family. To update your account, go to: www.westportsoccer.org > homepage > Edit My Account (bottom left corner)> sign in and edit.
IF NOT OFFERED A ROSTER POSITION, you will receive an email notification from WSA.
IF OFFERED A ROSTER POSITION, you will receive an email from WSA with a link to ACCEPT or DECLINE.
TO SECURE YOUR ROSTER POSITION, you must accept, register, submit all documents below and pay your first $installment by SUN, JULY 1st, 2018. Failure to meet this deadline will result in WSA offering your position to a waitlisted player, and a late fee of $75. It is extremely important to adhere to this deadline so WSA can make appropriate team adjustments in a timely manner. Please be considerate of the tremendous planning and coordination that goes into registering teams. If you are awaiting a Premier position, you still need to fill out and submit registration paperwork below to hold your WSA Travel spot.
ACCEPTANCE PLAYER DOCUMENTS TO SUBMIT BY JULY 1, 2018 (thereafter a $75 late fee applies)
(put player’s name and team name in subject)
1. MEDICAL RELEASE FORM 2018/2019
2. PLAYER PHOTO (similar to passport photo)
3. ALL NEW Players to our Travel program submit a copy of birth certificate or passport (to verify age/name).
4. ALL NEW PLAYERS and not born in the U.S. complete a First Registration Int'l Clearance Form CLICK HERE
REGISTRATION QUESTIONS? email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org