Fall 2017/Spring 2018 Season
WSA Travel Tryout Registration
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
?s contact: email@example.com
ALL PLAYERS interested in playing on a 2017/18 WSA Travel team, must register and pay for tryouts on the WSA site. No paperwork will be accepted at tryouts. Players must attend BOTH tryouts.
- Boys & Girls U8/U9 (birth yrs 2009 & 2010) Tryouts will be on Mondays, 5/08 & 5/15
- Boys & Girls U10-U15 (birth yrs 2003 - 2008) Tryouts will be on Fridays, 5/12 & 5/19
- The tryout registration fee of $50 (no refunds) can be paid online during registration.
- Tryout results will be announced on Thurs, June 22nd, 2017. Scroll down for more details.
- If offered a roster position, a player must accept/decline, make 1st payment and submit all registration docs no later than SAT, JULY 1st. After July 1st, a $50 late fee will be assessed.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. ?s contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017/18 TRAVEL TRYOUTS are complete (as of 5/19)- NO MAKEUP DATES
TRYOUT RULES & PROCEDURES:
- All current Travel players interested in playing next year, must register and tryout.
- NO paperwork is required nor accepted at tryouts
- All players should attend BOTH tryout sessions within their age group.
- Make up sessions are ONLY scheduled in the event fields are closed due to weather.
- All players must tryout in the appropriate age group according to the USYS Age Group Matrix, no exceptions.
- Player Attire for Tryouts: White T-shirt, (no club uniforms), soccer shorts, soccer socks, shin guards, cleats.
- Bring an inflated ball and plenty of water.
- Age cutoffs are based on the calendar year (NOT August 1st cutoff)
- We will have a combined U14-U15 age group. This allows some 8th graders, not yet in High School, to participate*.
- * Tryouts are not for 8th graders who will be in high school in Fall 2017. After the HS tryouts are completed, if there is space available, we will have a supplemental tryout for those who are not on a high school team.
- We will have fewer teams in 2017/18, see below for new guidelines.
WSA TRAVEL NEW GUIDELINES FOR 2017/18:
U9 (2009) & U10 (2010)
- Tuition $1,220
- FUSA tournament fees are included in tuition
- Target roster size of 12
- Target # of teams (4-5); this is a change from the 6 teams boys and 5 girls in previous years
- U9 teams (combined U8/U9 players) games will be 7v7
- U10 games will now be 7v7 (not 8v8)
U11 (2007) & U12 (2006)
- Tuition $1,200
- New roster size of 14 (from 16)
- U11 games will now be 9v9 (not 8v8)
- U12 games will not be 9v9 (not 11v11)
U13 - U18 (2005 - 2000)
- Tuition $1,175
- Target roster of 18 players per team
- 11v11 (remains unchanged)
AGE GROUPS MATRIX for 2017/18: CLICK HERE
HOW TO DETERMINE PLAYER AGE GROUPS 2017-2018
- Year Season Ends minus (–) Birth Year = Age Group
- Upcoming tryouts are for the 2017-2018 Seasonal Year
- Example: 2018 minus(–) 2003 (birth year) = U15 (age group)
WHEN TRYOUT RESULTS ARE ANNOUNCED, WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Tryout results will be announced on THURSDAY, JUNE 22, 2017 by 7pm. All tryout registrants will be emailed their acceptance or waitlist status at that time. Be sure your email contact info in your WSA personal account is current! This is our main means of communication with each family. To update your account, go to: www.westportsoccer.org > homepage > Edit My Account (bottom left corner)> sign in and edit.
IF NOT OFFERED A ROSTER POSITION, you will receive an email notification from WSA.
IF OFFERED A ROSTER POSITION, you will receive an email from WSA with a link to ACCEPT or DECLINE.
TO SECURE YOUR ROSTER POSITION, you must accept, register, submit all documents below and pay your first $installment by Sat, July 1st, 2017. Failure to meet this deadline will result in WSA offering your position to a waitlisted player, and a late fee of $75. It is extremely important to adhere to this deadline so WSA can make appropriate team adjustments in a timely manner. Please be considerate of the tremendous planning and coordination that goes into registering teams. If you are awaiting a Premier position, you still need to fill out and submit registration paperwork below to hold your WSA Travel spot.
ACCEPTED PLAYERS MUST SUBMIT DOCUMENTS BY JULY 1st, 2017.
(After July 1st, a late fee of $75 will be charged to your account)
1. ALL PLAYERS must submit a 2017/2018 WSA Medical Release form, CLICK HERE
Scan completed form and email to: email@example.com (Put player's name & team name in the subject)
2. ALL PLAYERS must submit a Player Headshot photo (in JPEG format), must be a clearly visible face photo, similar to a passport photo, no sunglasses or hats.
Email photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Put the player's name & team name in the subject)
3. ALL NEW Players to Travel must submit a copy of their birth certificate or passport (to verify age/name).
Email to: email@example.com (Put the player's name & team name in the subject)
4. ALL NEW PLAYERS who were not born in the U.S. must complete a First Registration International Clearance Form CLICK HERE
Scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Put player's name and team name in the subject)
REGISTRATION QUESTIONS? Contact: email@example.com or Registrar@westportsoccer.org